Requirements - 9 courses (36 credits)
- Four courses in Hindi-Urdu, Sanskrit, Tamil, or Tibetan.
- Two 100-level non-language courses in South Asian Studies. This requirement may be satisfied by departmental offerings and by courses with a South Asia emphasis offered in other departments, with the approval of the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Junior year: South Asian Studies 98r (one term), or other tutorial as jointly arranged between the two departments.
- Senior year: South Asian Studies 99r (two terms) if South Asian Studies is the primary field, or two terms of tutorial in the other concentration if South Asian Studies is not the primary field.
- Thesis: Required.
- General Examination: Honors candidates must take an oral examination based on the work in the concentration and on the thesis.