Basic Requirements - 11 courses (44 credits)
- Four courses in Hindi-Urdu, Sanskrit, Tamil, or Tibetan.
- Six additional courses in South Asian Studies, of which at least two must be 100-level non-language courses. Courses for this requirement may include departmental offerings and courses with a South Asia emphasis offered in other departments or as General Education courses, with the approval of the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Tutorial: South Asian Studies 98r (Junior Tutorial, one term), individual or group tutorial (letter-graded).
- Thesis: None.
- General Examination: None.
- Other information: One course taken Pass/Fail or SAT/UNS may be counted for concentration credit with the approval of the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Requirements for Honors Eligibility - 13 courses (52 credits)
- Required courses: Same as Basic Requirements, with the addition of a year-long senior tutorial (South Asian Studies 99r) leading to a thesis.
- Thesis: Required of all senior honors candidates.
- General Examination: Honors candidates must take an oral examination based on the work in the concentration and on the thesis.
- Other information: Same as Basic Requirements.